Halifax Careers Centre
Our centre staff are here to help
Halifax centre staff work across Calderdale including Todmorden and the Calder Valley. Our staff are friendly and helpful
-see below for more information.
Calderdale Young Person's Service wants to know what you think if ...
...you live in Calderdale and are aged between 11 and 18 or up to 25 with additional needs fill in the survey or scan the QR code to have your say. Thank you.
Please note: the QR code will only work once on a device.
Need to contact us?
Halifax Careers Centre
16 Alexandra Street
- Ring 01484 225500 and ask for your careers adviser by name if you know it or press '0' to speak to someone who can help
Centre opening times
Young people can call in and talk briefly to an adviser Monday to Friday between 10am and 4pm, book an appointment if you need a more detailed talk with a careers adviser or see if we have a Bored@home session near you.
We also have an adult drop in service for advice everyday at 10am to 1pm or you can ring to make an appointment. It's worth knowing that the centre can be busy between 12 noon and 2pm.
Advisers in our centres can help you...
- Discover the jobs and careers that suit you
- Plan your next step
- Job search help
- Search online for jobs, including our Vacancies for new entrants
- Prepare your CVs and job applications, and help you get ready for interviews
If you're under 24 and looking for your first full-time job...
Displaying entry level vacancies on our vacancy board. See also:
- Apprenticeship and training and information on Level 1 training providers
- Direct you to benefits advice if you need it.
In need of some advice?
Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Questioning or Intersex?
- Identity - Calderdale
- The yOUTh Project - provides support to young people, their parents and carers in Kirklees
- Stonewall - resources including the 2015/6 LGBT career guide - still the latest version May 2017
- Mermaids - supporting children, young people, and their families working through gender issues
- Gires - Gender Identity Research and Education Society>
- Gender Identity Development Service (GIDS)
Jemma outside our Halifax centre
Jemma explains how to see a careers adviser, what help we offer and what other services are available or read it
Page updated April 2018