Carers of children looked after and care leavers
Careers advisers in our centres and our careers adviser in schools and colleges...
...offer extra support to children looked after and their carers.
Our advisers also work out of other locations, including local community settings, supporting young people and the staff who help them.
All young people are entitled to impartial and independent careers information, advice and guidance from our experienced advisers to help them develop their skills and talents fully.
Where additional support is required, our specialist careers advisers are available to work closely with vulnerable young people, including children looked after and care leavers. They offer:
- individual face-to-face support to advise on careers and courses, apprenticeships and training, and other post 16 options
- practical help with job search, including CV writing, job/course applications and interviews
- benefit advice for under 18s.
Thank you for getting me motivated, really enjoying college and work.
Young person visiting one of our Careers Centres.
Our advisers are keen to support carers to make sure children looked after and care leavers reach their full potential. We work with a range of other services, such as:
- Foster parents and carers
- Calderdale Pathways Team
- Kirklees Corporate Parenting
- Staff in children's homes
- Youth, community and social workers.
Want to talk to someone?
Get in touch with your nearest centre:
Page updated April 2017