Leeds City Region
Business and industry sectors important in the region
Between 2010 and 2015:
- There were an extra 32,000 jobs in the Leeds City Region than there were in 2010, an increase of 2.5% - the Leeds City Region’s has the largest number of jobs outside London.
- Manufacturing, and business and professional services employment grew. Employment in retail and wholesale, financial services and the public sector fell.
- The number of firms increased by 15,000 firms.
Between 2015 and 2020, the following sectors are expected to see the number of people employed grow. The number of EXTRA jobs for each of the top eight sectors is shown :
- Manufacturing - 24,190
- Transport and storage - 14,590
- Public services - 11,400
- Professional and other private services - 9,780
- Wholesale and retail - 6,040
- Accommodation, food services and recreation - 3,250
- Finance and insurance - 600
- Construction - 280
ALL sectors will have job vacancies
Regional Economic Intelligence Unit 2015
Page updated April 2016
Sources: Leeds City Region