Leeds City Region
Business and industry sectors important in the region
Find out more, see the fact sheets on the Leeds City Region jobs intelligence website.
Between 2010 and 2015:
- There were an extra 32,000 jobs in the Leeds City Region than there were in 2010, an increase of 2.5% - the Leeds City Region’s has the largest number of jobs outside London.
- Manufacturing, and business and professional services employment grew. Employment in retail and wholesale, financial services and the public sector fell.
- The number of firms increased by 15,000 firms.
Between 2015 and 2020, the following sectors are expected to see the number of people employed grow. Below the number of EXTRA jobs is shown below for the top eight sectors:
- Manufacturing - 24,190
- Transport and storage - 14,590
- Public services - 11,400
- Professional and other private services - 9,780
- Wholesael and retail - 6,040
- Accomodation, food services and recreation - 3,250
- Finanace and insurance - 600
- Construction - 280
ALL sectors will have job vacancies
Regional Economic Intelligence Unit 2015
Page updated April 2016
Sources: Leeds City Region