16-24 not fixed up
If you're under 19 or you're aged 16 to 24 with special educational needs and/or disabilities
***Experience of finding work survey***
Are you aged between 16 and 24, if yes, please take a few minutes to tell us about what it was like for you looking for work, so we can better help others to find a job
Our careers advisers can help you with your career and job search, including apprenticeships and training. They offer benefits advice and will support you to get other help you may need, especially if you find yourself in difficult circumstances. Where needed, they work with other agencies, for example adult health and social care.
Check out our careers centres guide to see the help our careers advisers offer in our Dewsbury, Halifax and Huddersfield centres (774kb PDF).
As well as offering advice and support, our advisers can help you find training, including from Entry Level 1 to Level 1 and 2, if you live in the:
- Dewsbury, Batley and Cleckheaton area (78kb PDF) updated 7 February 2018
- Halifax, Todmorden and Calder Valley area (78kb PDF) updated 7 February 2018
- Huddersfield, Colne Valley and Holme Valley area (80kb PDF) updated 7 February 2018
- You can also search on the national government site for a traineeship
Not ready or not sure? Contact your nearest centre to find out about other training that could help you
Our Statement of Service a promise to all who use our services (93kb PDF)
Find out what Seanna and Kieron think about their time at Project Challenge.
Listen to Lorna explaining to Jemma what is involved or read it (67kb PDF).
If you're over 19
Our adult careers advisers will help you think about your career options, find out about training and education opportunities and identify other help you may need, including benefits, money for study and more.
- See the leaflet on our services for adults for details, including drop-in times (1.2MB PDF)
- We are partners in the National Careers Service, which is run by Careers Yorkshire and Humber – see both sites for more information and help.
You can drop-in and speak to an adviser Monday to Friday - see our services leaflet above for opening times, or you can arrange an appointment - see below for opening times.
Need to contact us?
Your C&K Careers adviser can help and advise you – get in touch.
- Ring 01484 225500 and ask for your careers adviser by name or press '0' to speak to someone who can help
Get in touch with your nearest centre:
- Dewsbury Careers Centre - Open Monday to Thursday, between 10am and 5pm and Friday, between 10am and 4pm
- Halifax Careers Centre - Open Monday to Friday, between 10am and 4pm
- Huddersfield Careers Centre - Open Monday to Thursday, between 10am and 5pm and Friday, between 10am and 4pm
Page updated May 2017