Year 13 thinking of HE
Deciding on a course at university or college?
Think about the...
- skills and abilities you want to achieve
- exam results you are likely to get
- distance that you are prepared to travel and the cost of living there.
Unifaqs - entry 2018 frequently asked questions about higher education - published March 2017
- contains information about higher education qualifications, who can go, where you can go, how to choose the right course, finance and how to apply
Unifaqs - entry 2017 - frequently asked questions about higher education - Updated August/September 2016
- Visit the UCAS (Universities and Colleges Admissions Service) website to see the full range of information on courses, including entry requirements and how to apply. Look in events on UCAS for information about open days
- Find out about fees, loans and money for study and check out what you are entitled to using the Student Finance Calculator - watch the SFE (Student finance England) changes to student finances from August 2016 video
- Looking for a scholarship or bursary? Find out who's offering funding
- Students with special educational needs or disabilities may be able to receive Disabled Students Allowances (DSAs). Advice on higher education for students with disabilities, as well as many other things, is available from the Disabled Students helpline run by Disability Rights UK who also provide an email advice service
- Thinking of science and engineering? Research time in industry before or during your course
- Most students study full-time but it is possible to study part-time, including learning at home, for example with the Open University.
- Thinking of applying for Oxford and Cambridge - tips on Oxbridge interviews and in this video
Timing is important. Not sure when to start?
Also check out higher and degree apprenticeships
IMPORTANT! If you are thinking about leaving school/college, see your careers adviser first for advice on all your options
Want to talk to someone?
Your C&K Careers school or college careers adviser can help and advise you – get in touch with the careers team in school.
Get in touch with your nearest centre:
Page updated March 2017