Year 12 one year courses
Need to decide your next step? Not sure whether to stay in learning or look for an apprenticeship or job with training?
Think about what kind of person you are, what exam results you are likely to get and the type of job you'd like.
Don't forget Raising the Participation Age means you must now stay in training or learning until they are 18.
Your options are:
- Full-time learning in a school 6th form, 6th form college or FE college – search for courses in UCAS Progress and find general information on qualifications
- An apprenticeship, training leading to an apprenticeship or a job with training
- Part-time education or training whilst, running your own business, working part-time for at least 20 hours or volunteering in Calderdale or Kirklees.
Thinking about getting a job?
Talk to your careers adviser. Find out what your options are before you decide.
- Find out about intermediate (Level 2) or advanced (Level 3) apprenticeships or a job with training
- Check out the latest and get help with job search
- Starting work? Take a look at our guide to your rights and responsibilities at work
Get organised - career and learning options at 16
Timing is important. Not sure when to start?
Our Year 12 foundation/intermediate calendar will help you start planning and make sure you don't miss out (102kb PDF).
Want to talk to someone?
Your C&K Careers school or college careers adviser can help and advise you – get in touch with the careers team in school.
Get in touch with your nearest centre:
Page updated March 2017