Year 13 thinking of employment
Coming to the end of your A level or BTEC diploma course and not sure university is for you?
Find out about your options, talk to your careers adviser.
- Login and search for information on your ideas, check out Job trends for info on skills needed and facts about the job market, and take a look at Jobfaqs, our guide to finding a job or training for AS, A level and BTEC Level 3 leavers:
- Higher apprenticeships provide a work-based route to a university-equivalent nationally recognised qualification at Level 4 and above. Or you can start on an advanced (Level 3) apprenticeship or a job with training.
- Check out the latest in Calderdale and Kirklees; see what other vacancies are available if you're Not Going to Uni. See also The Big Choice for vacancies aimed at students and UCAS Careerfinder for over 18s.
- Get help with searching for a job.
- Starting work? Take a look at our guide to your rights and responsibilities at work.
- Thinking of running your own business?
Adam talks to Lorna about choosing your options after Year 11. He advises you to think about what suits you and your skills and abilities. Listen to what Adam suggests or read it (141kb PDF). See the full interview with Adam on our YouTube Channel
Adam recently won the Lord Barnby Award for the most promising young person employed in the West Yorkshire textile industry, presented on behalf of the Worshipful Company of Woolmen by the Textile Centre of Excellence.
Charlotte explains why she took the higher apprenticeship route - read what she has to say (76kb PDF).
Timing is important. Not sure when to start?
Our Year 13 'considering employment' calendar will help you start planning and make sure you don't miss out (95kb PDF).
IMPORTANT! If you are thinking about leaving school/college, see your careers adviser first.
Want to talk to someone?
Your C&K Careers school or college careers adviser can help and advise you – get in touch with the careers team in school.
Get in touch with your nearest centre:
Page updated March 2017