Design and technology
Learn to use your imagination and creative skills to...
...design and make products that solve day to day problems
Design and technology is a practical subject covering a range of topics, such as architecture, food technology, product design, resistant materials and textiles.
It uses subjects such as maths, science, engineering, computing and art to design things people want to use.
You'll learn to:
- take risks with your ideas
- be resourceful, inventive and enterprising (able to use practical business ideas)
- develop and understand how design affects our lives by finding out about past and present designs
- design and make prototypes of products and things for a range of users
- test your ideas as you go along
- how to cook and create good food that is also nutritious (good for you).