Want to talk to someone about your A level results?
Our experienced advisers can help you throughout the summer ...
... with any questions about your plans
If your A level results are not what you expected and you feel confused, concerned or worried about the future, you're not alone, many people who have succeeded in their lives, got different grades to the ones they expected.
You may still get your firm or insurance offer even if you miss the entry requirements
- use UCAS Clearing, it is important to research the courses available. Check UCAS Track first, as a university may decide to confirm your place despite your grades being different
- find Track hasn’t been updated, phone the university or college and ask for a decision
- haven't got a place, check UCAS Clearing for alternative vacancies, also check university websites
- find a course you like, phone the university or college and ask if they will offer you a place.
If you get better results than expected and they are higher than you need for your firm offer, you can look at courses on UCAS Adjustment that were asking for higher grades or rejected your application. Also speak to your careers adviser. Remember, you don't have to look elsewhere if you're happy with your choice.
- consider delaying university or college for a year then re-applying in the autumn for courses starting in 2019
- think about other learning options, such as foundation degrees, part-time and distance learning degrees or some degree apprenticeships
- build your skills by getting a job, an apprenticeship, an internship or mix part-time work with volunteering
- build up your UCAS points by doing another level 3 course at a college, such as A levels or a one year BTEC course then reapply via UCAS next year.
C&K Careers advisers are available on results day - Thursday 16 August - in most school sixth forms and colleges or you can contact one of our centres - see below
Not sure who to contact?
Ring 01484 225500 and ask for your careers adviser by name or press '0' to speak to someone who can help
Get in touch with your nearest centre: