Dewsbury Careers Centre
During the current crisis you can still talk to one of our careers advisers via our Chat service:
It's open Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm and Thursday, 9am to 8pm
Ring 01484 213856
Look out for Facebook Messenger at the bottom right of the page
Our centre staff are here to help
Dewsbury centre staff work across North Kirklees including Batley, Cleckheaton, Dewsbury, Heckmondwike and Mirfield. Our staff are friendly and helpful
- see below for more information.
Need to contact us?
Dewsbury Careers Centre
- Ring 01924 683911 and ask for your careers adviser by name if you know it or press '0' to speak to someone who can help
Centre opening times
Young people can call in and talk to an adviser Monday to Thursday, between 10am and 5pm, and Friday 10am to 4pm or contact us about a My way forward session.
Advisers in our centres can help you...
- Discover the jobs and careers that suit you
- Plan your next step
- Job search help
- Search online for jobs, including our for new entrants
- Help with overseas qualifications and UK comparisons - UK NARIC
- Prepare your CVs and job applications, and help you get ready for interviews
If you're under 19 (under 25 if you have disabilities or learning difficulties) and looking for your first full-time job ...
Displaying entry level vacancies on our vacancy board. See also:
- Apprenticeship and training and information on Level 1 training providers
- Direct you to benefits advice if you need it.
In need of some advice?
- Teenage parents
- Education and health support (support for care leavers) - includes sexual health support
- Child and Adolescent Mental Health Services (CAMHS)
- Kooth – free, safe and anonymous online support for young people
- Shout - free 24/7 text service for people struggling to cope
If you feel you have been discriminated against because of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, please speak to your careers adviser.
Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Questioning or Intersex?
- The yOUTh Project - provides support to young people, their parents and carers in Calderdale and Kirklees
- Identity - Calderdale
- Stonewall - resources including the Starting Out career guide - updated every October
- Mermaids - supporting children, young people, and their families working through gender issues
- Gires - Gender Identity Research and Education Society
Page updated May 2019