Halifax Careers Centre
Our centre staff are here to help
Halifax centre staff work across Calderdale including Todmorden and the Calder Valley. Our staff are friendly and helpful
-see below for more information.
Need to contact us?
Halifax Careers Centre
16 Alexandra Street
- Ring 01422 754300 and ask for your careers adviser by name if you know it or press '0' to speak to someone who can help
Centre opening times
Young people can call in and talk briefly to an adviser Monday to Friday between 10am and 4pm, book an appointment if you need a more detailed talk with a careers adviser or contact us about a My way forward session.
Advisers in our centres can help you...
- Discover the jobs and careers that suit you
- Plan your next step
- Job search help
- Search online for jobs, including our for new entrants
- Help with overseas qualifications and UK comparisons - UK NARIC
- Prepare your CVs and job applications, and help you get ready for interviews
If you're under 19 (under 25 if you have disabilities or learning difficulties) and looking for your first full-time job ...
Displaying entry level vacancies on our vacancy board. See also:
- Apprenticeship and training and information on Level 1 training providers
- Direct you to benefits advice if you need it.
In need of some advice?
- Interested in the Army, whatever your age?
- Teenage parents
- Child and Adolescent Mental Health Services (CAMHS)
If you feel you have been discriminated against because of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, please speak to your careers adviser.
Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Questioning or Intersex?
- Identity - Calderdale
- The yOUTh Project - provides support to young people, their parents and carers in Calderdale and Kirklees
- Stonewall - resources including the Starting Out career guide - updated every October
- Mermaids - supporting children, young people, and their families working through gender issues
- Gires - Gender Identity Research and Education Society>
- Gender Identity Development Service (GIDS)
Jemma outside our Halifax centre
Jemma explains how to see a careers adviser, what help we offer and what other services are available or read it
Page updated May 2019