Huddersfield Careers Centre
You can talk to one of our careers advisers via our Chat service:
It's open Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm
Ring 01484 213856
Look out for Facebook Messenger at the bottom right of the page
Our advisers are here to help
Our careers advisers work across South Kirklees including Colne Valley, Holme Valley and Huddersfield. Our staff are friendly and helpful
- see below for more information.
Huddersfield Careers Centre
24 High Street
- Ring 01484 213855 and ask for your careers adviser by name if you know it or press '0' to speak to someone who can help
- Out of hours contacts (422kb PDF)
Centre opening times
Young people can call in and talk to an adviser Monday to Thursday, between 10am and 5pm, and Friday 10am to 4pm or contact us about a My way forward or Job club session.
Advisers in our centres can help you...
- Discover the jobs and careers that suit you
- Plan your next step
- Job search help
- Search online for jobs, including our for new entrants
- Help with overseas qualifications and UK comparisons - UK NARIC
- Prepare your CVs and job applications, and help you get ready for interviews
If you're under 19 (under 25 if you have disabilities or learning difficulties) and looking for your first full-time job ...
Displaying entry level vacancies on our vacancy board. See also:
- Apprenticeship and training and information on Level 1 training providers
- Direct you to benefits advice if you need it.
In need of some advice?
- Teenage parents
- Education and health support - including sexual health
- Child and Adolescent Mental Health Services (CAMHS)
- Kooth – free, safe and anonymous online support for young people
- Andy's Man Club - support for men of all ages finding life difficult (poster 52kb PDF)
- Youth Central, Kirklees - register now for instant text service ‘Speak to a Youth Worker’, activities and live session, including with C&K careers advisers
- Shout - free 24/7 text service for people struggling to cope
- NHS - advice and tips on how to look after your mental health and wellbeing.
- Platform 1 - support for men
- Luke's Lads - supports men's mental health
If you feel you have been discriminated against because of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, please speak to your careers adviser.
Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Questioning or Intersex?
- The Brunswick Centre - provides support to young people, their parents and carers in Calderdale and Kirklees
- Identity - Calderdale
- Stonewall - resources including the Starting Out career guide - updated every October
- Mermaids - supporting children, young people, and their families working through gender issues
- Gires - Gender Identity Research and Education Society
- Gender Identity Development Service (GIDS)
- It Gets Better UK - stories and support for LGBTQ+ youth
In danger of becoming homeless?
- Shelter - Housing Advice free Helpline T: 0808 800 4444, Monday to Friday, 8am to 8pm and Saturday to Sunday, 9m to 5pm
Page updated October 2020