Carers of children looked after and care leavers
Our careers advisers offer extra support to children looked after and their carers
Careers advisers work out of our centres, local schools and colleges, and other locations, including local community settings, supporting young people and the staff who help them.
All young people are entitled to impartial and independent careers information, advice and guidance from our experienced advisers to help them develop their skills and talents fully.
Where additional support is required, our specialist careers advisers are available to work closely with vulnerable young people, including looked after children and care leavers, up to the age of 25. They offer:
- individual face-to-face support to advise on careers and courses, apprenticeships and training, and other post 16 options
- practical help with job search, including CV writing, job/course applications and interviews
- help with accessing other support they need
Thank you for getting me motivated, really enjoying college and work.
Young person visiting one of our Careers Centres.
Our advisers are keen to support carers to make sure children looked after and care leavers reach their full potential. We work with a range of other services, such as:
- Foster parents and carers
- Calderdale Pathways Team
- Kirklees Leaving Care Team
- Staff in children's homes
- Youth, community and social workers.
Need to contact us?
Get in touch with the careers team in school
- Ring 01484 242000 and ask for your careers adviser by name or press '0' to speak to someone who can help
Get in touch with your nearest centre:
Page updated July 2019