Year 10 student
Year 10 is when students really get started ...
... on the exam courses they will follow through to the end of Year 11. This can mean:
- meeting new teachers and working with new groups of students.
- the amount of course work will increase
It may take time to get used to these changes.
Year 10 students may also go on a work experience placement. Most students enjoy the chance to try work and they get a lot out of it.
Careers advisers from C&K Careers work in most Calderdale and Kirklees schools and colleges. Our advisers:
- see students individually or in groups and offer drop-in sessions in schools over break or lunchtimes, students can call in without an appointment.You can also make an appointment if you have concerns.
- usually attend school parents evenings.
Check out the Year 10 page to see what students should be thinking about.
You can help too by:
- talking to them about their ideas and their study progress – research suggests parents and carers are the single biggest influence on young people's careers choices.
- listening to their ideas about work experience. If you have contacts that can offer a placement, students can organise work experience themselves – it will need to be checked for health and safety by our C&K Careers work experience team. Contact the school work experience co-ordinator or careers adviser for more help with this.
- also check out the quick links below and at the bottom of every page.
Search careers information:
Need to contact us?
Get in touch with the careers team in school
- Ring 01484 242000 and ask for your careers adviser by name or press '0' to speak to someone who can help
Check out your nearest centre:
Page updated October 2019