Parents-and-carers Slider

Young offender

Young offenderWorried about someone who has a conviction? Want to support them but not sure where to start?

Our advisers can help you support them, including:

  • How to tell employers about convictions; see also finding work with a criminal record on The Mix and support for individuals on the NACRO site - the crime prevention and criminal record support service
  • Information on Universal Credit and other benefits; see also information on GOV.UK
  • Raising of the Participation Age (RPA) means that you must stay in learning until at least your 18th birthday.

Search careers information:

  • If you are seeing one of our careers adviser you can ask them for a login to search careersinfo logo for information on job or career ideas, job hunting, training and much more.

Need to contact us?

  • Ring 01484 242000 and ask for your careers adviser by name or press '0' to speak to someone who can help
  • Email This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Get in touch with your nearest centre:

Page updated October 2019

Our careers advisers are based at:

Head Office
Huddersfield Careers Centre
24 High Street

T: 01484 242000