Worried about someone who has a conviction? Want to support them but not sure where to start?
Our advisers can help you support them, including:
- How to tell employers about convictions; see also finding work with a criminal record on The Mix and support for individuals on the NACRO site - the crime prevention and criminal record support service
- Information on Universal Credit and other benefits; see also information on GOV.UK
- Raising of the Participation Age (RPA) means that you must stay in learning until at least your 18th birthday.
Looking for a job when you have a criminal offence
Mick, one of our careers advisers, talks about spent convictions - where you may not have to tell an employer about your offence.
He also talks about what you can do if you do have to tell an employer.
Search careers information:
- If you are seeing one of our careers adviser you can ask them for a login to search for information on job or career ideas, job hunting, training and much more.
Need to contact us?
- Ring 01484 242000 and ask for your careers adviser by name
You can also talk to one of our careers advisers via our Chat service:
It's open Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm
Ring 01484 213856
Look out for our Facebook Messenger
Get in touch with your nearest centre:
Page updated October 2019