Careers education support
C&K Careers offers a range of support ...
... to help local schools and colleges with their CEIAG (careers education, information and advice) programmes.
C&K Careers regualarly runs accredited and non-accredited IAG (information, advice and guidance) qualifications. We have also undergone rigorous quality assurance to award the National Quality in Careers Standard for CEIAG in England, which enables institutions to evaluate and develop their own CEIAG provision for students.
The standard has been rewritten to fully incorporate the eight Gatsby Benchmarks for good practice.
- The CEIAG support we provide, aims to help schools and colleges meet the requirements set out in their latest statutory guidance for governing bodies, school leaders and school staff: Careers guidance and access for education and training providers: statutory guidance for governing bodies, school leaders and school staff - October 2018.
It expands on the Government's Careers strategy: making the most of everyone’s skills and talents.
Also the statutory guidance for college staff: Careers guidance: guidance for further education colleges and sixth form colleges - October 2018.
- We also support local authorities to meet their latest statutory guidance, as well as schools, colleges and training providers in their role with regard to this: Participation of young people in education, employment or training - October 2016, which covers young people aged 13 to19 and those between 20 and 25 with special educational needs and disabilities (SEND).
It may also be useful for schools and colleges to refer to:
- The Gatsby Report handbook on Good Career Guidance and our C&K Careers resources and Gatsby support
- Compass benchmark tool
- Cegnet resources for careers - click on the 'I understand the risks ...' link to get to the website
- Quality in Careers Standard - provides national validation for CEIAG Quality Awards, such as the one delivered by C&K Careers
- The Career Development Institute (CDI) voluntary framework for careers, employability and enterprise education in England, updated to reflect the Gatsby Benchmarks
- Online resource from CASCAID, aimed at helping schools and colleges review their careers provision
Page updated June 2019