Resources including Gatsby support
The C&K Careers' information team produces a range of information materials ...
... which are made available to our full partner schools and colleges and they meet some of the Gatsby benchmarks.
C&K Labour Market & Careers News for Calderdale and Kirklees, issue 54, January 2021, will be sent out to partner organisations (397kb PDF).
Free information Catalogue - last updated 8 December 2020 for the leaflets held in (157kb PDF)
Find out how Gatsby Benchmarks can contribute to good careers guidance
C&K Careers can help you meet the Gatsby Benchmarks, contact us for more information
Gatsby Benchmark 1 - a stable careers programme
Gatsby Benchmark 2 - learning from career and labour market information
- Labout Market information - job growth in:
- Leeds City Region
- see other labour market information in Job trends and useful career websites
- Career match tools - for use with pupils and students
- STEM - includes videos and website links
Gatsby Benchmark 3 - addressing the needs of each pupil
- ThinkUni is a government funded digital assistant to help students think about unis most suited to them and see what their future earnings could look like
- Informed Choices – advice on subjects needed to do Russell Group of universities' degree courses; see also individual uni websites
Gatsby Benchmark 7 - encounters with further and higher education
- Go Higher West Yorkshire - supporting students, including care leavers, into higher education; also Advancing Access - CPD (continued professional development) resources, online events and offline conferences for teachers and careers advisers support students’ progression to the Russell Group universities
- UCAS and Which? for teachers - and advisers
- Local schools and colleges who ar not full partners can purchase a range of information resources for years 8/9, 11, 12, and/or 13.
- Some information resources are available for sale nationally. Updated January 2020.
- Calderdale’s Emotional Health and Wellbeing Service Guide for Professionals
- GCSE factsheets for parents and carers, and employers, FE and HE training providers, produced by the Department for Education
- LMI for All - labour market information learning units for teachers and careers advisers
Student loans decoded
Note: best viewed using Google Chrome
MoneySavingExpert.com video explaining how much fee and maintenance loan individual students are entitled to and how and when this can be paid back.
View before showing.
Safeguarding advice from:
- Safeguarding Calderdale - information for professionals, young people and parents/carers
- Kirklees Safeguarding Children - information for professionals, young people and parents/carers
- NSPCC Child Trafficking Advice Centre (CTAC) - free guidance and training to professionals
- BBC Own It - online and social media advice for young people, includes an App
- UK Safer Internet Centre - safety features on social networks
- Let’s Talk About - advice on the prevention of radicalisation and terrorism
Supporting care leavers:
Supporting LGBTQ young people:
- Diversity Role Models offers educational support for
- Mermaids supports children and young people who are struggling with their gender identity
- Stonewall supports lesbian, gay, bi, trans and questioning people, including making resources available
- Parents and carers Years 8 to 11
- Parents and carers Years 12 to 14
- Education and Training Foundation - SEND toolkit for teachers and trainers
Page updated May 2019