In a special school/unit

Students at Calderdale College

If you have special educational needs and/or disabilities and need additional learning support ...

... you can get extra help, often up to the age of 25

Need to contact us?

Your C&K Careers school or college careers adviser can help and advise you – get in touch with the careers team in school/college.


 Phone held in hand Ring 01484 242000 and ask for your son or daughter's careers adviser by name

You can also talk to one of our careers advisers via our Chat service:

It's open Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm

Phone held in hand Ring 01484 213856

Envelope Email This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Facebook Messenger symbol purple Look out for our Facebook Messenger

Please our facebook icon Facebook or twitter icon Twitter pages for updates

Get in touch with your nearest centre:

Your careers adviser specialises in working with students who have special educational needs and disabilities. They work as part of our SEND team (special educational needs and/or disabilities team) in special schools and units attached to mainstream schools, which are also known as resourced provision.

Your adviser can talk to you about your options and tell you about support, funding and equipment for people with special educational needs and/or disabilities to make sure you develop your skills and talents and move into an option for students, who are 16 or over, that is right for you. This may include:

If you feel you have been discriminated against because of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, please speak to your careers adviser.


  • Login and search careersinfo logo for our guides:

Get Ahead 2021 CKGet Ahead 2021 - post-16 options at entry level and level 1

What Next in Calderdale 2019 What Next? in Calderdale: preparing for adulthood - for students with an Education, Health and Care (EHC) Plan and special educational needs



Case study

Ryburn Valley High visit to Sidhil Ltd

Students studying employability skills at Ryburn Valley High School sixth form visited Sidhil to find out more about the range of jobs offered by the company
(299kb PDF)

Read more about Ryburn's visit

Page updated October 2018

Our careers advisers are based at:

Head Office
Huddersfield Careers Centre
24 High Street

T: 01484 242000 - general enquiries

T: 01484 213856 - Chat service, speak to a careers adviser