In a mainstream school

SEND 002 253x202pxlAttending a mainstream school or college?

Have special educational needs and/or disabilities?

If you have special educational needs and/or one or more disabilities and need additional learning support, you can get extra help, often up to the age of 25, from your careers adviser in school or college if you need it.

If you need it, your adviser can also involve our team of specialist advisers who work with young people with special educational needs and/or disabilities, sometimes known as SEND. They can tell you about support, funding and equipment for people with special educational needs and/or disabilities to make sure you can use your skills and talents to get into college, university or work.

  • Check out the rest of this site to find out about your options in Y8/9, Y10/11, as well as our pages for Y12 and Y13 at sixth form or colleges
  • If there isn't a local course available, it may be possible in exceptional circumstances, to go to one of the National Specialist Colleges
  • There's lots of information on a range of local services and national organisations to support people with special educational needs and disabilities, which explains what you and your family can expect from the Calderdale Local Offer and the Kirklees Local Offer 
  • Young people in Kirklees with special educational needs and/or disabilities or additional needs can also get free and impartial support from KIAS, the advice and support service in Kirklees, around the how to apply for an Education, Health and Care (EHC) plan.
  • Students with emotional and/or social mental health needs are also entitled to additional support, including support in transferring from Year 11 to school, college or training. If you think you need this support and are not getting it, you should contact the school or college special educational needs coordinator (SENCO) or your careers adviser.

Want to talk to someone?

Your C&K Careers school or college careers adviser can help and advise you – get in touch with the careers team in school.

Or ring 01484 225500 and ask for Infoline; email This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.; use our Infoline feedback form; Text: Info, followed by your message to 07786 202804

Get in touch with your nearest centre:

Page updated October 2017


Our careers advisers are based at:

Head Office
C & K Careers Ltd
78 John William Street

T: 01484 225500
F: 08724 464511
Text: Info, followed by your message to 07786 202804