Left school or college

Disability young man in employmentNot in employment, education or training?

Have special educational needs and/or disabilities?

If you have special educational needs and/or one or more disabilities and need additional learning support, you can get extra help, often up to the age of 25.

Our centre careers adviser can offer you extra support if you need it. This could be extra help to find out about and get into careers and jobs, courses, apprenticeships or training. These Remploy factsheets describe some of the conditions and disabilities that may require simple adjustments or additional support.

Centre staff can also involve our team of specialist advisers who work with young people with special educational needs and/or disabilities. Our specialist SEND team (special educational needs and/or disabilities team) can tell you about support, funding and equipment for people with special needs and disabilities to make sure you use your skills and talents.

      • Aged 16 to 24? Make sure you check out your options locally
      • If there isn't the right education or training available locally, it may be possible in exceptional circumstances, to go to one of the National Specialist Colleges

There's lots of information on a range of local services and national organisations to support people with special educational needs and disabilities, which explains what you and your family can expect from the Calderdale Local Offer and the Kirklees Local Offer.

Need to contact us?

  • Ring 01484 225500 and ask for your careers adviser by name if you know it or press '0' to speak to someone who can help
  • Email This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Get in touch with your nearest centre:

Page updated March 2017

Our careers advisers are based at:

Head Office
C & K Careers Ltd
78 John William Street

T: 01484 225500
F: 08724 464511