Teenage parents or parents to be
Looking for help and advice?
Contact our specialist careers advisers:
Georgia left school at 16 hoping to become a midwife. She was undergoing hospital treatment when she got some life changing news, which meant she had to leave college. When Georgia's daughter was born, she didn't leave the house and felt her plans were over until she was contacted by one of our advisers. Melissa helped Georgia regain her confidence and with her new found determination, follow her dream (60kb PDF).Read more about Georgia
Want to talk to someone?
Any of our careers advisers will help you, call into your nearest careers centre – get in touch with the centre team.
Get in touch with your nearest centre:
Parents with Prospects
Danny talks about his training at Parents with Prospects.
Vicky, the trainer tells Jemma what trainees can do on the PwP training programme or read it (65kb PDF).
- Kirklees Home Start T: 01484 421925. Family support and runs groups for young parents/parents to be.
- Some local children’s centres in Kirklees offer young parents/parents to be support.
- Auntie Pam’s - Dewsbury and North Kirklees T: 01924 438316; Huddersfield and South Kirklees T: 01484 414775 - advice for mums-to-be, pregnancy information; clothes and books swap shop; relationships; housing; benefits.
- Bubbalicious - information and advice for parents of unplanned pregnancy or facing baby loss.
- Talkthru’ T: 01484 515137 - pregnancy choices support; pregnancy loss; services for young people; new parent services; support for young fathers.
Page updated June 2016