Teenage parents or parents to be
Looking for help and advice?
Contact our specialist careers advisers:
Georgia left school at 16 hoping to become a midwife. She was undergoing hospital treatment when she got some life changing news, which meant she had to leave college. When Georgia's daughter was born, she didn't leave the house and felt her plans were over until she was contacted by one of our advisers. Melissa helped Georgia regain her confidence and with her new found determination, follow her dream (60kb PDF).Read more about Georgia
Need to contact us?
Any of our careers advisers will help you, call into your nearest careers centre – get in touch with the centre team.
- Ring 01484 242000 and ask for your careers adviser by name
You can also talk to one of our careers advisers via our Chat service:
It's open Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm
Ring 01484 213856
Look out for our Facebook Messenger
Get in touch with your nearest centre:
- ChatHealth - text messaging service for Kirklees’ young people aged 11 to 19. Get confidential advice from Thriving Kirklees nurses on subjects including sexual health, emotional health and wellbeing, bullying, healthy eating and any general health concerns. T: 07520 618866, Monday to Friday, 8am to 8pm (automatic bounce-backs respond to incoming messages out of hours. All text messages will be responded to within one working day). For more information W: www.thrivingkirklees.org.uk
- Home Start Kirklees T: 01484 421925. Family support, including groups for young parents/parents to be.
- Some local children’s centres in Kirklees offer young parents/parents to be support. As do some children's centres in Calderdale.
- advice for mums-to-be, pregnancy information; clothes and books swap shop; relationships; housing; benefits.
- Talkthru’ T: 01484 515137 - pregnancy choices support; pregnancy loss; services for young people; new parent services; support for young fathers.
- Bubbalicious - information and advice for parents of unplanned pregnancy or facing baby loss.
- Childdcare Choices - help with childcare costs from the government
Page updated May 2020