Year 12 one year courses
Need to decide your next step? Not sure whether to stay in learning or look for an apprenticeship or job with training?
Think about what kind of person you are, what exam results you are likely to get and the type of job you'd like.
Don't forget Raising the Participation Age means you must now stay in training or learning until they are 18.
Your options are:
- Full-time learning in a school sixth form, sixth form college or further education (FE) college – find general information on qualifications. See also School and college open events and application closing dates 2020/21
- An apprenticeship, training leading to an apprenticeship or a job with training
- Part-time education or training whilst, running your own business, working part-time for at least 20 hours or volunteering in Calderdale or Kirklees.
Thinking about getting a job?
- Talk to your careers adviser. Find out what your options are before you decide
Timing is important. Not sure when to start?
Our Year 12 one year course calendar will help you start planning and make sure you don't miss out (53kb PDF).
Need to contact us?
Your C&K Careers school or college careers adviser can help and advise you – get in touch with the careers team in school/college.
- Ring 01484 242000 and ask for your careers adviser by name
You can also talk to one of our careers advisers via our Chat service:
It's open Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm
Ring 01484 213856
Look out for our Facebook Messenger
Get in touch with your nearest centre:
Page updated August 2020